Misdemeanors / Felonies
The Gurney Law Firm has extensive experience with misdemeanors and felony charges in Wake County.
The Gurney Law Firm is Available 24 Hrs a day (919) 930-4027.
Many times criminal charges happen after business hours when most law firms have shut down for the day–but it is important that you contact an attorney and seek legal advice as soon as possible. That is why the Gurney Law Firm is available day & night, weekday & weekend and even holidays. Call us 24 hrs. a day. We are here for you.
A misdemeanor by definition carries a punishment of less then 1 year in prison. Misdemeanor charges can severely affect your life, family, job—and your reputation. It is very important to talk to an attorney about how to minimize the damage these types of charges can have. Below are the classes of Misdemeanors in NC and the maximum punishment.
- Class A1 Misdemeanor – 150 Days
- Class 1 Misdemeanor – 120 Days
- Class 2 Misdemeanors – 60 Days
- Class 3 Misdemeanors – 20 Days
Felonies by definition carry a year or more sentence. Felony charges are extremely serious and have grave consequences on your life, family, career—and your reputation. It is important to talk to an attorney about your charges. Below are the classes of felonies and the maximum punishment for each class.
- Felony Class I – 12 Month
- Felony Class H – 25 Months
- Felony Class G – 31 Months
- Felony Class F – 41 Months
- Felony Class E – 63 Months
- Felony Class D – 160 Months
- Felony Class C – 182 Months
- Felony Class B2 – 393 Months
- Felony Class B1 – Life without parole
- Felony Class A